LexisNexis legal and professional is a leading provider of legal, business, and also regulatory information analytics that helps customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes across industries. It aims to advance the rule of law around the world.
What is LexisNexis?
LexisNexis is not only a platform for background check services, but it offers two solutions:
- Legal/professional Solutions for government agencies, corporations, academic institutions and law firms. Moreover, it provides legal news, solutions and business insights.
- Risk Solutions for companies and government agencies seeking identity solutions, analytics supporting compliance, health outcomes, fraud detection, risk decisions, customer acquisition and also workflow optimization.
LexisNexis provides Risk Solutions by combining advanced, cutting-edge technology and also unique data.
This platform also addresses emerging client needs in the risk sector while supporting the highest standards of security and privacy.
Above all, LexisNexis provides tools to combat human trafficking and collect evidence against war criminals by partnering with leading global associations and customers.
Moreover, they assist businesses in preventing bribery and fraud within their supply chains and better understanding their markets.
The agency also helps lawyers win cases, grow their practices, better serve their clients and manage their work more efficiently.
|Year of Establishment||1970|
|Best Features||Law Firm|
|Rating||4.7 / 5|
|Subscription Charges||Varies according to reports|
|Limit||No Monthly Minimum|
Why should you choose LexisNexis?
Above all, its deep market knowledge and 40 years of experience serving customers in 170+ countries set it apart from other platforms.
Meanwhile, LexisNexis has become one of the leading protectors of private and confidential data in the world.
Along with proprietary linking technology, they have unique tools and identifiers such as LexisID, High performance computing cluster (HPCC) system.
Moreover, these tools help provide a solution for data insights and analytics.
It helps customers fight fraud, mitigate risk, and remain compliant by resolving, matching, and also managing information.
Hence, it could be one of the best risk solutions choices.
LexisNexis Pros and Cons
- Fast performance
- Modern user interface UI
- Easy to deploy and also to use
- Rich API for data preparation and also Integration with leading global providers
- Free support via detailed documentation, video tutorials, forums, and also direct contact
- Scale from small to Big Data
- Parallelized machine learning algorithms for distributed data
- Legal Research is top-notch.
- Real-time query and search with support for SQL, JSON, SOAP, and XML
- Comprehensive and detailed reporting
- Sometimes hard to save material and then go back to the task
- It does not automatically open a new window for a new search
Key Features of LexisNexis
Free Risk Management training
To clarify, LexisNexis provides you with a series of papers, forms, training materials, tools, and also templates to better help your non-profit organizations manage the risks they face every day.
You will also attempt webinars on topics of interest like the FCRA.
Easy to use
To clarify, this platform is straightforward, and its tools help speed up the entire process.
Moreover, the webinars, free training helps make them easier to use.
To clarify, it collects its data from authentic databases. The agency helps you make the right decisions by using robust public records, powerful linking, law enforcement data, and also advanced analytics.
To clarify, the pricing of Accio Data is a bit expensive but worth it.
It’s better to go for leading providers with high costs instead of choosing cheaper platforms with limited resources and user-friendly software.
How to use LexisNexis?
The using procedure of LexisNexis is a little confusing due to its various products and services.
Moreover, to buy any products or services, you have to sign in first by clicking on the “Product sign-in” option at the top right of the website.
Further, you can read their guidelines about each service to proceed with the order.
Types of checks available at LexisNexis
- Contractor screening Continuous resident monitoring
- Custom leases and forms
- Debt recovery and collections
- Global screening
- Employment Eligibility Verifications (I-9 Processing)
- Medical Compliance (shots, physicals, etc.)
- Fingerprint Screening
- Drug and alcohol screening. It includes
- Digital chain of custody
- Collection site management
- Medical review officer
- Lab Testing and Reporting
10. Background Screening. It includes:
- Civil records search
- Credential verification
- Identity verification
- Education/Employment verification
- Eviction record searches
- Sex offender registry search
- National criminal file records search
- Reference verification
- Rental payment history
- Rental verification
- Credit reports from all bureaus
- Criminal records search
- Skipped resident contributory database
- Retail theft contributory database
- Sanction searches (OFAC, FDIC, FDA, etc.)
- Workers compensation record search
Plans and Pricing
Certainly, the pricing and plans of LexisNexis vary for every report, tool, court link.
Subscription and access charges for every search and tool are different from each other.
However, to have further details, you can visit the link below: https://www.lexisnexis.com/en-us/terms/21/pricing.page
Moreover, you have to submit an online request to remove yourself from Lexis Nexis. After that, it may take up to 30 days to remove your information.
Submit your request using this link: https://optout.lexisnexis.com/.
- Enter your name, address and contact information. Moreover, there is a possibility that you might have to provide additional documentation through electronic attachment, by fax or by postal mail.
- You have to select a reason for the opt-out
- Victim of identity theft,
- A law enforcement officer and also public official,
- Risk of physical harm but do not work in law enforcement
- Fill out all the required fields. Click the red “Add” button at the bottom, and then click “Finish.”
Alternatives of LexisNexis
LexisNexis vs Casemaker
Above all, both services help resolve legal issues. The only difference is that Casemaker is free if your bar association is part of the Casemaker Consortium, while LexisNexis charges a fee for everyone.
LexisNexis vs. AccessData
Access data has more flexible prices as compared to LexisNexis.
Whereas LexisNexis leads at service, quality of technical support, Integration, and ease of deployment.
Read: AccessData Review
In conclusion, LexisNexis has an extensive global reach in over 100+ countries. And also the agency maintains over 6 petabytes of data from 10,000+ sources.
Moreover, it serves various industries ranging from healthcare, insurance, law enforcement to con-profit organizations.
However, LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Overall, it is a highly reputed and trustworthy organization all across the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does LexisNexis get information?
LexisNexis pulls their data from databases all over the country and assembles the information in one central location, allowing underwriters the ability to learn more about the person’s overall financial standing outside of just a credit report.
How to request a LexisNexis Risk disclosure report?
Select Request My Information to request a copy of your information. California residents will receive both their LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Consumer Disclosure Report and their California Consumer Privacy Act Report. Email is optional but must be provided and verified to include email-linked data in your report.
Amit is a young entrepreneur who specializes in background checks. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade trying different background check services. He has worked for several background screening firms and gained valuable industry experience.
Amit is the founder of BestBackgroundCheckSite.com, where he helps all its users navigate complicated decisions about their personal lives and careers.