SmartMove is one of the first digital tenant screening services offering a platform built with the sight to help out smaller-scaled landlords.
The reason for the foundation of it was to create a forum where small and initial level landlords can find all of the requirements and needs.
SmartMoves provide advanced tools and technology to its customers in order to provide remarkable and best services.
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Best Features||Accurate credit scores|
|Subscription Charges||$25 to $40 per package|
Why Should You Choose SmartMove?
It is not hidden that the wealthy and prominent landlords have all the facilities and tools to make their businesses more progressive and significant.
However, small-scale landlords have no such facilities. Therefore, it is there to help out all those small businesses by providing them with premium tools and technologies at a low price.
Some of the reasons why it should be your priority are as below:
- You can manage up to three properties from a single account.
- SmartMove is a good choice if you want to keep your information and data private as a renter.
- The built-in application verification decreases the chances of fraud and scams to a greater extent.
SmartMove Pros and Cons
- Full Credit Report: You will find thousands of agencies in the real estate market that are offering pass/fail results in the credit report. However, SmartMove provides a specific score with a complete Credit Score.
- Quick And Easy Process: Handling of SmartMove’s portal is easy for both the tenant and landlord. From creating an account to receiving the applicant’s information, the process is straightforward. Moreover, in SmartMove, you can quickly obtain the applicant’s information.
- There Is An Option For Tenant Payments: If you are a landlord and can not afford to pay for every other tenant, you should go for SmartMove. Here, there is an option for the tenants to pay for the screening services.
- The Involvement Of The Tenant Itself: In the screening procedure of SmartMove, the applicant or tenant is involved. He itself all the answers by email you search for on SmartMove.
- No Criminal Report Included: Five countries, including South Dakota, Massachusetts, Delaware, Wyoming, and Colorado, have banned including criminal information in such type of screening. So, this makes a negative point in favour of SmartMove.
- The Criminal Report Included is Not Accurate: Although SmartMove includes TransUnion criminal report, it also includes National Criminal Report. And, the criminal reports from databases are not accurate. The reason is that criminal databases are not available to be used for such screening purposes. The information from the sources is not accurate.
Key Features of SmartMove
Multiple Payment Option
In SmartMove, there is an option that if you don’t want to pay the cost of screening reports, you can send them to your applicant or tenant along with a questionnaire by email.
Applicants Authority To Screening Report
In this, you email a screening questionnaire to the applicant or tenant. And, you will receive the report as soon as the applicant fills it and submits the information.
The security and privacy of TransUnion SmartMove are exceptional.
You provide all of your details and information to the online portal of it, and no other person has access to the information you provided.
How To Use SmartMove?
The procedure of using SmartMove is straightforward. And this is the reason why it is the first choice of many people.
Let’s have a look at how to use it:
- Open the online portal of SmartMove on its website.
- Log in to your account. If you don’t have one, create a free account.
- You will add the details and email address of the applicant.
- Email your applicant or tenant screening test.
- Your applicant will respond to the email and answer the questions in the screening test.
- You will receive the result of the screening report.
Is SmartMove Legit?
After discussing all these aspects of SmartMove, you might think about whether it is legit or not?
So the answer is, Yes! it is 100% legit and authentic. It is working under the TransUnion agency, one of the leading tenant screening companies in the real estate industry.
Plans And Pricing
As of now, you are pretty aware of the details and working of it. Let’s have a look at their pricing and plans also.
The charges and packages of SmarMove are as follows:
- This package includes the National Criminal Background Report and Credit-based Resident Score.
- This package costs $25/ per screening.
- This package includes a Full Credit Report, National Eviction Report, National Criminal Background Report and Credit-based Resident Score.
- This package costs $38.99/ per screening.
- This package includes Complete Income Insights, National Eviction Report, Full Credit Report, National Criminal Background Report, and Credit-based Residential Report.
- This package costs $40.00/ per screening.
Cancellation Of SmartMove
- Log in to your account on the SmartMove portal.
- Open your Client Area option.
- Click on the Orders.
- Find the SmartMove order you want to cancel.
- Click on the Cancel Application option that is presented right below the Actions.
- If the landlord has purchased the order, they can request a refund.
Alternatives Of SmartMove
Credit Sesame provides credit reports, credit scores, monitoring, and identity theft protection services. And all these bank-level services are entirely free of cost.
With Credit Karma, you can handle all of your cards, credit, loans, tax, money, auto, home, and accounts-related matters under one platform.
Moreover, credit KArma offers customized packages also to fulfill your requirements and needs perfectly.
Wallethub also operates under TransUnion and provides you with your credit score daily.
It is one of the leading and reliable credit score-providing services agencies you can trust.
Also Read our TruthFinder Review.
So this was it. Let’s do a quick review and wrap up our article. In this article, we discussed the basic facts, features, and services of SmartMove.
Moreover, we talked about the subscription charges, pros, cons, cancellation policy, and procedure to use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is smart move?
Smart move is the first online tenant screening platform that helps small landlords in their business.
Is smart move free?
No, smart move is not free. It’s a paid service.
How much does smart move cost?
Smart move can cost you around $25-$40 per search. But its price entirely depends on which package you choose.
Amit is a young entrepreneur who specializes in background checks. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade trying different background check services. He has worked for several background screening firms and gained valuable industry experience.
Amit is the founder of BestBackgroundCheckSite.com, where he helps all its users navigate complicated decisions about their personal lives and careers.